We have officially changed the name and URLs for the ORTC CG (formally ORCA CG).
The old URLs will be redirected to the new ORTC CG: http://www.w3.org/community/ortc/
If you are an existing member of the ORCA CG please register at the new ORTC CG, or if you wish to become a member please register here.
Here is the notice that went out to existing members…
Hello ORCA Community Group members.
We are changing the CG name from ORCA to ORTC as requested by some of our members and other W3C members for various reasons discussed in that last CG meeting. Minutes can be found here: http://ortc.org/ortc-cg-meetings/
After discussing this with the W3C we had the choice to a.) change the name to ORTC but keep the current ORCA URI or b.) set up an entirely new CG. Since we didn’t want any confusion (ORTC CG name with a ORCA URI) we opted for the second option.
We have been told that a second legal review should not be necessary by your sponsoring organization since the new CG is simply replacing the existing CG.
Here is what that means to you as a member of ORCA:
- You will need to join the new CG: http://www.w3.org/community/ortc/
- You will need to join the public mail list.
- Signups for the ORCA group will soon be suspended
- Emails sent to the ORCA mail lists will not go through, you will need to use the new lists for new postings. Emails sent to the orca lists will return a message pointing to the new lists at ORTC CG.
- ORCA mail lists will live on and will be referenced for historical purposes.
- All Community Groups fall under the guidelines in the W3C Community Contributor License Agreement (CLA), so nothing changes there.
Soon we hope to publish a Public Working Draft of the API so that we can start implementing the API. Some of that work has already begun:https://github.com/openpeer/ortc-lib
If you have any questions about the name change please forward those to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you all for you continued support!