Very productive CG call today, here is the entire 1 hour and 40 minutes. Plenty of great feedback coming from Bernard Aboba (Microsoft), Shijun Sun (Microsoft), Justin Uberti (Google), Emil Ivov (Jitsi.org) and Robin Raymond (Hookflash).
Looks like we are shooting for a Public Draft (with sample code) by end of June, we’ll see if that is achievable (there are quite a few question marks remaining) but at least we have a target.
If you are interested in joining the ORTC Community Group, you can do that here.
– Discussion of changes in the new Editor’s draft
– Summary of open issues (and triage of 1.1/1.2).
– Action items from last time
– IPv6 (api or impl) and metering
– RTCP mux and freezing discussion (IceTransports have an optional Session parameter)
– Use cases: agree on 3 main use cases beyond base set
Security cameras – non call scenario(s)
– Difficulties in exchanging params
JSL vs new APIs
– What is the endgame for this work?
Current Editor’s Draft: http://ortc.org/ (Latest drafts are on the right side)
Open Issues: https://github.com/openpeer/ortc/issues?state=open